Thursday 27 October 2016

Home

Hello! My name is Grace Crawford, and I am a student currently studying A-levels at Manshead school in Dunstable. Part of my educational studies is studying an Extended Project Qualification in which I've chose to look closely at Surveillance and how this has incorporated itself into our lives. Additionally, I am also studying the following courses of A2 Fine Art, 3D and Media Studies, I am hoping to leave Manshead School next year with an A* for 3D, A for Fine Art, B for Media Studies and hopefully B for EPQ to use these grades to go to a highly established Art University.

This blog shall act as my personal EPQ Diary in which I shall update daily starting from September 2016-March 2017. Importantly recording all my initial and developing research, as well as personal meetings with my supervisor, Mr Bishop and weekly skills sessions with our EPQ manager Mr Darby, this blog shall also cover my own personal comments and ideas regarding the topic to gather my thoughts and take into consideration of all ideas. Everything shall be documented within this blog as well as evidence of my work completed such as emails, photos and work produced by myself for the purpose of this course.

In regards towards my EPQ topic, I have made the decision to look into the scintillating topic of Surveillance, an area that one never really divulges into and questions. Yet a topic that succinctly incorporates itself into the lives of many people daily especially with the rapid increase of the proliferation of modern hardware and technology and thus becoming more diligent to evade.

This EPQ course was inspired by my favourite TV show Person Of Interest; a show that primarily focuses upon artificial intelligence known as the machine that spies on the lives of innocent individuals of every hour of the day, predicting crimes and intervening within peoples lives. I thought to myself; can this be true to an extent? And how has the idea of artificial intelligence come about and incorporated itself into the lives of many whom seem oblivious to this fact today of how data can been siphoned from intelligence and ultimately used against them.

This EPQ project can help to expand my knowledge and exploration skills into this area of controversial discussion as well as educating me on the idea of becoming more assertive and independent throughout this course to apply these skills to future projects, giving me great preparation skills success as well as time management awareness.

Below shows an attached video from the opening theme sequence of TV show Person Of Interest to show my initial influence regarding this EPQ topic and why I set about to divulge further into this topic. 


No comments:

Post a Comment